1. Does my child need tutoring services?

    If your child is struggling with sounding out letters (decoding), understanding what he/she is reading (comprehension), how to write (writing skill), or penmanship then tutoring is a good stop gap support to give your child the confidence and tools he/she needs to be successful in the classroom.

  2. What if my child has a disability?

    If your child has been diagnosed with ADHD, Autism, LD, Other Learning Impaired, Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, and more, then ProgressivEducation is the right way to support your child through tutoring. I am a licensed special education teacher, for over 15 years, who sets goals with your family as well as progress monitors how much they are growing with tutoring.

  3. How often do you meet with students?

    I usually meet with students for one hour/week. I can add an additional 30 minutes if your child would like to enrich their tutoring class with keyboarding or cursive skill.

  4. How much do you charge?

    Please see my service page for a breakdown of prices

  5. Why should I choose ProgressivEducation over other tutoring services

    First and foremost, you will not get better service and communication anywhere else. My lessons are individualized, strength or high interest based, and are progressed every week. You get written reports about the goals that we have created with each other. I work with your child not only on the areas that she struggles with but focus on her strengths to build up those necessary skills. I collaborate with her teacher(s) and ensure that we’re using the same language, or graphic organizer, or spelling list, etc… I bring animals into my practice to reward students, educate students and engage students. I include executive functions into our weekly routine with organization, goal setting, time management, and independence. And so much more that goes on during our time together and my planning time for your child.

  6. How are you certified to teach my child?

    I have a bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science from Metropolitan State College of Denver. I have my teaching license with the following endorsements: elementary education, special education generalist, special education mild/moderate. I am a certified Learning Without Tears instructor. I am a certified Zoo-phonics instructor. I am trained with Orton-Gillingham reading program. I am currently attending Arkansas State University to attain my master’s degree in science with a focus on reading.

  7. Where do you tutor students?

    I mainly work out my house where I have created a sacred learning space. However, I also go to the Anythink Wright Farm Public Library. In special cases, I will come to your house for an additional charge.

  8. Is there anything else that I need to know about your services?

    Families pay weekly, if and only if their child has been tutored that week. I am contracted as a provider with Imagine! through the ASD waiver as well as North Metro Family Support Services. I give weekly homework that should be completed independently and should take no more than 10 minutes.